Hello PlayStation Nation!
It’s hard to believe that it’s been 268 days since the release of Titanfall 2. We’ve been very busy since then, and it’s gone by quick! Prior to the release of Titanfall 2, we said we were committed to supporting the game post-launch with free DLC drops and more. Since launch, we’ve released lots of great content that have not only improved the game, but also kept a thriving, dedicated community playing.
Last week, we announced our next free DLC update, Operation Frontier Shield. Our biggest (and 7th!) free DLC update, this one is packed with content and sees the return of a fan-favorite mode from the original Titanfall, Frontier Defense. Built for 4-player co-op, you and your team must protect a Harvester from waves of coordinated enemies hellbent on taking it down. Operation Frontier Shield also introduces two new maps, Rise and Live Fire: Township, and more. Squad up and get ready for Operation Frontier Shield when it drops on July 25.
As we get ready for the release of Operation Frontier Shield, I can’t help but look back on some of my favorite things we’ve done since launch:
- Bringing back the classics: We remastered 5 fantastic maps from the original Titanfall and brought them to Titanfall 2. It’s been great to revisit Angel City, War Games, and more.
- Featured Modes: Our Designers have been experimenting with twists on existing game modes. This has led to some really fun gameplay, er, twists like CTF Nitro, Titan Brawl, and Marked for Death.
- Monarch: A new Vanguard class Titan that is unlike any of the Titans before it. Capable of playing support or dealing lots of damage, the Monarch evolves on the battlefield as she upgrades her core. She’s a blast to play and adds a lot to the meta of the game.
- Prime Titans: The Art team at Respawn has created rad new versions of the existing Titans for players to purchase, giving each Titan not only a great new look but also their own executions.
- Live Fire Mode and Maps: This Pilots only mode is like an espresso shot of adrenaline, featuring small maps and no respawns. It’s tense, fast-paced, and I love it.
That’s just a few of my favorite moments, but there are plenty more, and I’m sure our community all have a bunch as well. Thanks for all the support, and we can’t wait to see you on the Frontier when Operation Frontier Shield launches on July 25.
from PlayStation.Blog http://ift.tt/2uQYyah